RHD Enterprises, Inc. is a Minority Woman-Owned general contractor based in Tumwater, WA. We specialize in federal government, commercial and industrial construction. Our philosophy is to provide a high quality, on-time, and in-budget project with the client as our top priority. We believe that the highest quality project is created by fostering a team atmosphere on every project, through working with the owner, designers and subcontractors. RHD is committed to building projects of value that our customers, employees and communities are proud of, with the highest standards of safety, quality and integrity.
We are seeking highly capable and experienced Superintendent/Site Safety to join our team.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Superintendent with federal government construction projects and 5 years in other construction leadership roles. This person must be an effective leader and communicator. This role will require time management and integrity. This person must be able to read plans and specifications and understand the project scope and the implications of the design. The majority of work is completed on job sites, in an office trailer and throughout the active construction site.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a representative of RHD to our clients and subcontractors. Developing solutions and obtaining results.
- Develop the project safety plan and lead the execution of it throughout all activities on-site.
- Supervise and schedule work progress. Coordinate and deliver all requirements for subcontractors and suppliers to meet project schedules including project administration, operations and close-out.
- Ensure that project site and company assets are secure and protected from the elements.
- Determine the resources needed for the project (e.g., people, tools, equipment, materials, internal and external services)
- Conduct Job Site Safety Inspections, Tool Box Meetings, etc.
- Verify all materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and personnel are obtained and/or delivered when necessary.
- Ensures that all stakeholders understand performance standards and expectations.
- Maintain a safe and respectful working environment at all times by implementing the company’s Safety Health and Environmental Program, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), risk management, training, and quality control
- Communicate with all project participants (e.g., employees, subcontractors, suppliers, and authorities having jurisdiction) to ensure work is completed per project quality control standards.
Works with each project’s Quality Control Manager to
- Implement the three phases of control
- Conduct Job Site Inspections, to verify compliance with scopes of work and applicable specifications and regulations.
- Write and submit RFI’s for review as required.
- Manage the testing and special inspections process.
- Conduct and prepare pre-final and final punchlists.
- Ensure that close out documents are provided to the owner.
Works with each project’s Project Manager to
- Ensure that the project is operating within the baseline project schedule and budget.
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- OSHA 30 required. 40 hr. EM385 Safety Awareness and USACE Quality Control Certificate preferred.
- Ten years of experience in construction leadership.
- Minimum of five-year’s experience performing federal government construction site supervision.
- Valid state issued Driver’s License with acceptable driving record.
- Ability to successfully pass any background checks including obtaining a security clearance and/or drug testing required on the contract.
- Demonstrates integrity and leadership skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, solve problems, and motivate others, while maintaining effective relationships with clients and RHD team.
- Manages essential functions effectively by consistently driving for quality, profitable, safe, and timely results on the assigned project.
- Demonstrates solid communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company project management and communication tools. Full command of communication tools including email, internet and Microsoft Office suite.
RHD Enterprises, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veterans. RHD’s policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, we maintain an affirmative action program through which we take good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Vietnam era veterans, and other protected veterans.
Our company offers competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes a challenging, fun, fast paced work environment and an outstanding opportunity for career growth and development. Our benefits package includes a 401(k), comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance package, and paid vacations. In our efforts to maintain a safe and drug free workplace, we require that candidates complete a satisfactory background check and drug screening prior to employment.