RHD Enterprises, Inc. is a Minority Woman-Owned general contractor based in Tumwater, WA. We specialize in federal government, commercial and industrial construction. Our philosophy is to provide a high quality, on-time, in-budget project with the client as our top priority. We believe that fostering a team atmosphere on every project by working with the owner, designers and sub-contractors, will result in the highest quality project. RHD is committed to building projects of value that our customers, employees and communities are proud of with the highest standards of safety, quality and integrity.
We are seeking highly capable and experienced Project Assistant to join our team.
- Desktop publishing using Microsoft Office and other programs
- Assist with tracking deadlines for proposals and bids.
- Review work produced by others and edit content to provide a quality proposal, newsletter or brochure.
- Maintain subcontractor and project tracking database in Microsoft Excel
- Call subcontractors to confirm that they intend to bid
- Assist with quantity and scope takeoffs
- Procure the resources needed for the project as requested by the project manager, such as the jobsite trailer, by obtaining pricing from service providers and arranging deliveries once pricing is approved.
- Collect submittals and RFI’s for review by project quality control manager
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in a related field. Relevant work may be substituted on a year for year basis.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Project Assistant or similar role with a construction.
- This person must be detail-orientated and an effective communicator.
- Valid state issued Driver’s License with acceptable driving record.
- Ability to successfully pass any background checks including obtaining a security clearance and/or drug testing required on the contract.
- Demonstrates integrity and teamwork with ability and willingness to solve problems and take initiative.
- Ability to manage individual work flow. This person will receive requests from multiple people. .
- This person should be able to read plans and specifications enough to assist the team.
- Demonstrates solid communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company project management and communication tools. Full command of communication tools including email, internet and Microsoft Office suite.
RHD Enterprises, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veterans. RHD’s policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, we maintain an affirmative action program through which we take good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Vietnam era veterans, and other protected veterans.
Our company offers competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes a challenging, fun, fast paced work environment and an outstanding opportunity for career growth and development. Our benefits package includes a 401(k), comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance package, and paid vacations. In our efforts to maintain a safe and drug free workplace, we require that candidates complete a satisfactory background check and drug screening prior to employment.