RHD Enterprises, Inc. is a Minority Woman-Owned general contractor based in Tumwater, WA. We specialize in federal government, commercial and industrial construction. Our philosophy is to provide a high quality, on-time, in-budget project with the client as our top priority. We believe that fostering a team atmosphere on every project by working with the owner, designers and sub-contractors, will result in the highest quality project. RHD is committed to building projects of value that our customers, employees and communities are proud of with the highest standards of safety, quality and integrity.
We are seeking highly capable and experienced Project Managers to join our team.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience as a Project Manager, Quality Control Manager, Superintendent with federal government construction projects over seeing multiple simultaneous projects. This person must be detail-orientated and an effective communicator. This role will require independence and integrity. This person must be able to read plans and specifications and understand the project scope and the implications of the design. The majority of work is completed either working from the main office or on job sites in an office trailer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as a representative of RHD in discussions with the owner and communicates owner requirements to subcontractors.
- Reviews the contract documents and communicates with all project participants (e.g., customers, employees, subcontractors, suppliers, public agencies and other authorities having jurisdiction) to ensure work is completed on time and within budget.
- Prepares and/or reviews the baseline project schedule and budget, milestone dates, monthly updates and close-out activities. Reviews progress with project staff and assigns responsibilities, execution, and follow-up plans. Prepares progress invoicing.
- Establishes relationships and communication tools as needed with project stakeholders to verify all materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and personnel are obtained and/or delivered when necessary. Ensures that all stakeholders understand performance standards and expectations.
- Works with in-house estimator during proposal period to confirm scope of work and execution for in-house crew and/or subcontractors.
- Manages the subcontracting process, which includes holding initial scope review meetings, finalizing agreed price, developing subcontract scope of work, and managing the subcontract distribution and final execution process.
- Understands the requirements of the Owner’s contract, including bonds, fees, notifications, schedules, reporting, and costs.
- Maintain a safe and respectful working environment at all times by implementing the company’s Safety Health and Environmental Program, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), risk management, training, and quality control.
Works with each project’s Superintendent to
- Supervise and schedule work progress. Coordinates and delivers all requirements for subcontractors and suppliers to meet project schedules including project administration, operations and close-out.
- Ensure that project site and company assets are secure
- Determine the resources needed for the project (e.g., people, tools, equipment, materials, internal and external services)
Works with each project’s Quality Control Manager to
- Collect and submit submittals for review as required.
- Write and submit RFI’s for review as required.
- Conduct Job Site Inspections, to verify compliance with scopes of work and applicable specifications and regulations.
- Implement the three phases of control..
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- BS Degree (or higher) in Construction Management or related field. Relevant work may be substituted on a year for year basis.
- Minimum of five-year’s experience performing federal government construction estimating or design.
- Valid state issued Driver’s License with acceptable driving record.
- Ability to successfully pass any background checks including obtaining a security clearance and/or drug testing required on the contract.
- Demonstrates integrity and leadership skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, solve problems, and motivate others, while maintaining effective relationships with clients and RHD team.
- Manages essential functions effectively by consistently driving for quality, profitable, safe, and timely results on the assigned project.
- Demonstrates solid communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company project management and communication tools. Full command of communication tools including email, internet and Microsoft Office suite.
RHD Enterprises, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veterans. RHD’s policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, we maintain an affirmative action program through which we take good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Vietnam era veterans, and other protected veterans.
Our company offers competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes a challenging, fun, fast paced work environment and an outstanding opportunity for career growth and development. Our benefits package includes a 401(k), comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance package, and paid vacations. In our efforts to maintain a safe and drug free workplace, we require that candidates complete a satisfactory background check and drug screening prior to employment.